Every student shapes a successful future.
The Division of Equity in Learning focuses on three main areas:
- Excellence in Equity in Learning
- The engagement of practices that, instead of allowing a student’s background and experience to predict success, are responsive to the unique strengths and needs of every student, resulting in the acceleration of learning.
- Educator Effectiveness
- The engagement of an effective evaluation and professional learning system for teachers and principals.
- Clarity and Alignment of Standards, Curricular Resources and Assessments
- Ensuring that “what” and “how” we teach is clear and that we are confident in our implementation of instructional strategies.
The Division of Equity in Learning is committed to ensuring that we provide resources throughout our school district to support the engagement of excellence in equitable educational practices for our students. As part of this ongoing work we are pleased to share the second of our Equity in Learning podcasts. This latest podcast is focused on providing rigor in teaching and learning and, while the context for the conversation is secondary humanities, the questions and challenges that are posed are relevant to all APS teachers, leaders and staff members.
2013-2014 Colorado Reading to Ensure Academic Development (READ) Act
The following from the Colorado Department of Education provides information about the 2013-2014 Colorado READ Act.