District Equity Leadership Team Seminars
- APS Building a Culture of Trust
- Can Good Teaching Be Learned?
- The Change
- Imagining A Renaissance In Teacher Education
- Leading Change
- Once a Leader in School Diversity, NC Retrenches
- Race, Ethnicity and Education
- The Search for Equality
- Separate But Equal
- Using Critical Race Theory as a Tool of Analysis of Race and Racism in Education
- Bullying Harassment
- CSAP Growth
- Early Childhood Education
- Graduation Dropout Rates
- Out of School Suspensions by Site
- RMC Quality Review
PEG Beacon Seminar #2
- Seminar 2 Requirements
- Article: 21st Century Digital Learner
- Article: Fifth Period Facebook
- Websites Resources for Beacon Seminar #2
PEG Seminar 2 Resources
- Courageous Conversation Activity. Respond to prompt once you enter the group discussion
- Read the information on the wiki and respond to the Discussion Board topic at the bottom of the page.
- Respond to Blog by watching Tim Wise video and completing a quick write response in the comment section of the Blog.
- Type in “Keywords” Possible “Keywords”: White Privilege, Professional Development for Teachers, Technology Development for Teachers, Access and Equity in Education, Tim Wise or author search, Racism in America.
- Fill out the form to determine your learning style. Information will be used in group discussion.
- It is time to think about your next steps. Use the Ning group for your school to plan your next technology step and decide on an ally to assist you.
- Step by Step Instructions to create a podcast using a PC.
- Google for Educators. Site of tools, resources and activities using google tools.
- Teaching Tolerance is committed to engaging educators with professional development resources that help teachers and school leaders create the kind of school communities where all students flourish and succeed.
- The Intel® Teach Program is a research-proven, worldwide professional development program that helps educators enhance 21st century learning through the effective use of technology.
Online Meeting Sites
- Web Conferencing and Collaboration
- Go to Meeting is a resources for online collaboration.
- Another tool for web conferencing.
- Artlog is the place for you to connect with folks, share your work and discover innovative new art & design.
- teachers, students, researchers, professors, librarians, administrators and anyone and everyone else involved in education.
- Share your sketches on line.
- Free and easy wiki site.
- Site to create web pages and WIKIS.
- Committee appreciates and honors all people and cultures through the lens of Anti-Racism. ECIAC is a vehicle to implementing commitments of the JCCS Mission Statement in order to eradicate racism and raise the achievement of all students while closing the academic achievement gap that exists between White students and Students of Color.
- Part of the process for graduation is a graduation portfolio. The portfolio is designed to assist students in demonstrating the skills they have learned in high school.
- The project is the creation of a Connected Learning Community through business and government partnerships to develop a unique infrastructure that connects all schools and the city via microwave, fiber-optic and laser technologies.
- (Learning through Instructional Video in Education) teachers completed a two-day training in the use of digital video to support curriculum standards. The goals of Project LIVE are to foster critical and visual literacy skills in both students and teachers to increase student achievement.
Sites for Collaboration
- A public service site providing community, collaboration, and resources for education leaders worldwide.
- It is easy for educators to become overwhelmed by the plethora of free Web 2.0 tools. EduRatings 2.0 is an interactive website designed to help educators find the best free Web 2.0 applications for instruction, communication, and professional development.
- Site for ideas about obtaining Technology Literacy.
- Good article on what you can do with google apps.
Online Videos Resources
- Directory of podcast -The goal of this site is to be the “biggest and best directory of podcasts (podcast directory) available on the Internet.” News and tutorials are included on the site.
- MERLOT is a leading edge, user-centered, searchable collection of peer reviewed and selected higher education, online learning materials, catalogued by registered members and a set of faculty development support services. MERLOT's vision is to be a premiere online community where faculty, staff, and students from around the world share their learning materials and pedagogy.
- SlideShare is a business media site for sharing presentations, documents and pdfs. SlideShare features a vibrant professional community that regularly comments, favorites and downloads content.